My colleague Simon Grant and I recently collaborated on a paper for the International Journal of IT Standards and Standardization Research. In our paper we provide a broad overview of the domain, covering
- concepts and terminology;
- the motivation underlying standardisation efforts in the field;
- past and present standardisation activities and projects;
- the development of a conceptual model for the domain;
- proposed future activities.
The text of this paper is now also available as a JISC CETIS White Paper: Concepts and Standardization in Areas Relating to Competence.